Friday, September 4, 2009

A Little Gem

Halfway between Cardwell and Tully and just 20kms off the Bruce Highway we discovered Murray Falls National Park. Tropical rainforest, cascading waterfall, invigoratingly fresh water...perfect! And a bargain at $5/person/night. We hiked, swam and relaxed...oh and ate Jon's delicious pancakes for dinner. So the question I asked in NT as we swam in crystal clear freshwater rivers and rockpools: "Do we have anything like this in QLD?" has been answered: "YES WE DO!"





1 comment:

Fiona said...

Hi Jon & Kirsty, I've missed you guys for about 3 wks now and have had a lot to catch up on tonight. Saw our grandies today, the littlest one is doing better (you may have seen my facebook entries) She is starting to cough a bit but they know what to look out for. I'm loving being a granny to 2 beautiful girls. I'm also severely jealous looking at all your gorgeous pics. What fun! except for the dust. xoxo By the way, I have long hair now.